Page 1 of 1

shorefishing extreme catches

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:53 pm
by EFC fishing
Hey whats up?

Cool website, Boatless & moderators- have been reading the forums for a few months now. Really like all the pictures I have seen so far, especially from the shorebound shark tourney (last years video also)- much to be admired, for sure! I wonder what the old guy who used to run the keysmith/bait shop on the way to Lake Worth beach, Herb, would think of this today- that guy was something else. I used to buy shrimp from him to fish the seawall & docks at Bryant Park quite a number of years ago. We still talk about him to this day... ok, I digress.

Small group of us also talk about some of the shorefishing they do off the rocks in the Hawaii Islands. They mostly use some really long & heavy setups & heavy line with a technique they call slidebaiting- am sure some have heard of it. Well they have this special club called the 100-Plus Club, where the idea is to land trevally (called Ulua there) 100 lbs & over. Am not sure this would be the right board to put it on so I will post the link here to the catches they had over the years:

http://www.hawaiifishingnews.com/100plus.cfm?order=ID

enjoy!

Frank
CF fishing

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:58 pm
by BoatlessFisherman
Those are some nice fish, I have been thinking about makeing a BF over 40lb Page and a Shark one also I may do soon I am going to look through this site more, Thanks its a great Post.